Protecting Your Music Equipment

Forums Film Scoring Production Quality and Technology Protecting Your Music Equipment

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Evan Evans Evan Evans 7 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Evan Evans
    Evan Evans
    • Topics: 31
    • Replies: 110

IsoBar

Make sure your most sensitive equipment, and including if you use any analog audio electronics, are connected to isolated EMF filtered electrical outlets, using one of these devices called an Isolation Transformer, by ISOBAR. Essentially it converts electricity to magnetism and magnetism back to electricity so there is no physical connection whatsoever between isolated protected outlet banks.

This unit I’m linking below has 4 isolated banks of 2 power outlets each. Each bank is 100% totally isolated and protected from line noise as well as surges, from anything connected to any other bank.

I discovered these solutions about 20 years ago when I was debugging my recording studio for some line noise from other devices on the circuit. Basically, these put your device on their own circuit. This is what you want your best, most sensitive audio equipment hooked into. I have my computer on it, to isolate it from everything else.

ISOBAR:
    http://amzn.to/2fvMQ9Y

🎹 Evan Evans, Film Composer & Mentor, www.evanevans.org
    Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube

Profile photo of Richard Kram
    Richard Kram
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

Full Access

Really, I thought this was just a surge protector and line conditioner. It’s also an isolation transformer? I have surge protectors but need an isloation transformer. I was thinking something like this. https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Isolation-Transformer-Outlet/dp/B00006HPFH

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Profile photo of Evan Evans
    Evan Evans
    • Topics: 31
    • Replies: 110

Yeah absolutely, that one uses isolated filter banks. The one you recommend is awesome too. Same company.

🎹 Evan Evans, Film Composer & Mentor, www.evanevans.org
    Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.