Digital Radiance Generator

Forums Film Scoring Production Quality and Technology Digital Radiance Generator

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Rui Da Silva 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author

Evan Evans
    • Topics: 34
    • Replies: 115

Back in the day I used to rent a TC Electronic Finalizer Plus on mixdown days, along with a DA-88. And I would use the TC’s built-in DRG, Digital Radiance Generator. It did an amazing job of adding harmonics, and sizzle, without pushing into the overly done realm of what you would get with a typical exciter.

Now, there is a plug-in called OXFORD INFLATOR from Sonnox, that is the cat’s meow. It preserves the fidelity of the original mix, but adds just enough “secret sauce” to bring it to life and give it all that extra pizazz and sizzle to make it stand out and sound rich and complex. I recommend you check it out:
    https://www.sonnox.com/plugin/oxford-inflator

🎹 Evan Evans, Film Composer & Mentor, www.evanevans.org
    Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube

Luigi Ferri
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1

Very interesting!

Tony H. Williams
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 2

Full Access

This is really nice. I will look into it on their website.

Mirza Aljic
    • Topics: 1

I’m using the built-in harmonic exciter from Ozone 5, but this one looks quite interesting.

Evan Evans
    • Topics: 34
    • Replies: 115

Yeah, I think, you know, it won’t do as much extreme damage as the Ozone 5 will, for “harmonic excitement”. This plugin is extremely clean, and gorgeous, and actually does indeed work.

🎹 Evan Evans, Film Composer & Mentor, www.evanevans.org
    Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube

Tim Maurice

Cool, I can’t wait to check this out!

Composer, Arranger, Pianist

Travis Lohmann
    • Replies: 9

oh very cool!!! I should try some more UAD plugins!

A. Buendia
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

I would love to try if UAD has it available as part of the 15 day demoes.  It seems that it compresses the signal very smoothly without being too aggressive at first an adds some THD sauce.  Thank you for sharing it!

Jamie
    • Topics: 0

Oxford Inflator sits on my 2-bus for every track I mix. So great…definitely as an exciter, but also increases perceived loudness without sacrificing headroom.

Rui Da Silva
    • Replies: 6

love the Oxford Inflator for sure a go to plug on the master

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.